måndag 24 februari 2014

A mix of Italian wines

I like wines coming from Alto Adige but I usually don't like Pinot Bianco wine so it would be intersting to try a Pinot Bianco (Weissburgunder) from producer Nals Margried in Alto Adige. However, the aftertaste of this wine I didn't like, so back to Pinot Grigio instead which produces some of Alto Adige best wines.

Sparkling wines are fun to try and a new wine for me at Systembolaget is a the sparkling wine P. Lex, which is a Prosecco wine. This is a dry sparkling wine and taste of apples, citrus and bread. Very nice and good wine, perfect for an aperitif.

Castel De Monte is a famous castle in Puglia in the heel of Italy. One day I will visit that castle but until then I will have to do with wines from that area. The Wine Vigna Pedala Riserva from 2006 by producer Torrevento is not as complex as I expected from an older wine. It is decent but I expected more.

I have grown fond of the grape Verdicchio and the wine Verdicchio Di Matelica by producer la Monacesca is the second wine from Matelica I have tried in a short time. It has a taste of apples and citrus and leaves a pleasent aftertaste. Very good.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar