söndag 8 februari 2015

From the capital of Italy to Alsace in France

I have never tried much wine from the Lazio region in Italy where Rome is situated. I did drink some local wine when I visited Rome but that was a few years ago and the wines from Lazio don't have such great reputation. Now I have tried the wine Ville Simone from the Frascati DOC. Fracsati is a wine region about 25 km from Rome. For me it is an easy drinking wine with no special characteristics. Easily forgotten after drinking it. Maybe they have good wines in Lazio but this is not one of them.

One grape that I like is the Pinot Grigio or Pinot Gris as it is called in France. In Aslace they make many good white wines and the white wine Pinot Gris from producer Cave de Turckheim is nice to drink after tasting the Villa Simone wine. It has a very fresh taste. Very much fruits such as apples and pears with acidity. Nice wine and would go well with fish and probably asian food.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar