söndag 3 maj 2015

Back to normal

Over five weeks since my last blogpost. Visits to Italy and Japan took has taken a lot of my time but now it is back to normal. A longer report from Italy will come one of these upcoming days but until then some wines that I have tasted.

White wine from Spain is something that I almost never drink and the wine Rueda by Marques De Riscal is a new experience. This wine is made from the Verdejo grape which is also new for me. It is grown in the Ruedo region in Spain. This wine is aromatic, but for me a bit single minded and lacking some freshness. Definitely needs food with this wine.

My favourite wine region in France is the Alsace region. They produce very good white wines. Turckheim is a small commune in Alsace that produces very good wine. Their Pinot Gris from 2012 is very good. It has a freshness and acidity that makes it so easy to drink. Highly recommended wine.

I like red wine from the Veneto region in Italy and one wine is the Millefiori by producer Traditional Wine Innovations. It is made by using the appassimento method, which means drying of the grapes like they do for Amarone wines. It has a strong taste of cherries but also feel a bit simpleminded. It lacks something and there are better red wines from Veneto region to buy.




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar