måndag 17 oktober 2016

Glenfarclas 12 and Laphroaig 10

I have been trying to find a lighter single malt whisky but still one that has a character. One that I have tried is the Glenfarclas 12 year old from the Glenfarclas distillery. It is a family owned distillery owned by the Grant family since 1865 making it one of the few independent distilleries in Scotland. The nose is of sherry and some fruit. The taste is of sherry, some oak, fruits and is a bit sweet. The aftertaste which is quite short consists of sherry. For me the balance is a bit off for this bottling, I think it would need a couple of more years in the barrel. But lucky for me I also have a 17 year old Glenfarclas to try at home.

Going from the lighter whisky to Islay home of the peated whiskies. Laphroiag is one of the first whiskies I ever drank and I have good memories of it. Their flag bearer is the 10 year old. The smell is some smoke with a medicinal character. The taste is of smoke, iodine, some tar. The finish is long with smoke and the medicinal iodine. Very good. But still I say that the Cask Strength 10 year old is the better ten year old.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar