måndag 11 december 2017

Torlasco Barbaresco versus Umbrian red wine

For the second time in my life I tried a Barbaresco. It is the wine Torlasco of the vintage 2011 and the ABV is 14%. When trying to find information about this wine I find the following: "Torlasco is a line of wines born to satisfy the most exclusive markets and customers." This does not sound so good but in the end it is the taste that matters. The grape is 100% Nebbiolo and the grapes have been grown in the Barbaresco area of Piemonte. I find a lot of red berries on the nose. The taste is of black currants, tobacco and some violets. Some harsh tannins in the aftertaste. It is a decent wine but I expect more from a Barbaresco. I think this has been made for American tastes.

Next up is a wine from Umbria in Italy. It is from producer Cantina Roccafiore and the wine is called Rosso Melograno. The grapes is Sangiovese and Montepulciano and the vintage is 2013. ABV is 12,5%. The nose is full of light red berries. The taste is of red currants, raspberry with some herbs like sage. Nice easy wine, not so complex but clear flavours.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar