söndag 4 februari 2018

Barolo 2011 from Germano

When I visited Barolo last year I had the chance to buy some wines from producer Germano. They have a nice shop in Barolo while the winery is situated near La Morra. I could choose between two vintages and I bought only bottles from the 2011 vintage since I found the 2012 vintage to be a bit stronger and less elegant. I like elegant wine more than strong wines. If you have the time when visiting Barolo please walk between the different villages. It is very nice and one can walk in the vineyards and is very beautiful.


 The view from la Morra ins one of the best in the Barolo commune.
The wine is the vintage 2011 and has and ABV of 15,5%. It is a Barolo wine made from Nebbiolo grapes from the vineyard Vigna Rue. In the nose I get red fruits and some alcohol in a nice mixture. The taste is of tobacco, black currants, cherries and some dark chocolate. I think it is very complex and has an elegant character. It has tannins in the back of the mouth but they are quite well balanced. I like this wine quite a lot. I think this wine a great aging potential. An excellent Barolo.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar