tisdag 14 januari 2020

Two Vermentino from Tuscany

Vermentino is one of my favourite white wine grapes and they make wonderful white wines using this grape in Italy especialy in Sardinia, Liguria and Tuscany. This time I have tried two white wines from Tuscany. First up is the Vermentino 2018 from producer Aia Vecchia with an ABV of 13%. In the taste I get citrus, lime and minerals. Yet another lovely vintage from this producer.

The second Vermentino is Bellovile from producer Seregi Alighieri. It is 2018 vintage with an ABV of 13%. In the taste I get a lot of pear and almost nothing else, had much better Vermentinos. With some air and time this wine opens up a bit and I get some vanilla and citrus and less pear. This wine feels a bit strange and I wonder if there are some problems with this bottle.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar