måndag 7 maj 2012

Eiswein, not a normal Tokaji and grape juice

This weekend brought some very different wines and also some grape juice.

Eiswein has been a fascination of mine since I ever tasted it. They are among the best wines one can drink and unfortunately can be very expensive and also hard to find. Eiswein are made from grapes that picked from the vine while it is freezing temperatures outside. The water freezes and this allows the grapejuice to become much more concentrated when the grapes are pressed while frozen. This eiswein is from the producer Josef Ehmoser in Austria. It is made from the grape Grüner Veltiner from the year 2009. These grapes were harvested on the 15th of december. The smell is very concentrated and it is clearer to the eye than other eisweines I have tried. First time I tried this wine I was dissapointed with the tatse. Nice good taste but I was expecting a huge hit. Two days later I trie dit again and now that my expectations was lower it tasted much more nicer. It is more subtle than your normal eiswein but still has depths of taste layers.Very fresh and yummy.

Hungary is famous for it sweet Tokaji wine but not as much as for its dry wines. So time to test a dry wine from 2010 made from the famous Furmint grape. It is bottled by Royal Tokaji and is from 2010. The wine has a taste of pear and has a sharp taste. The aftertaste is very long and reminds me of grapefruit but this aftertaste is very sharp and I didn't like it. But with food that can cover the aftertaste it works fine. But there are better white wines that I would rather drink.

The last bottle is grapejuice from Cognac in France of the variety Ugni Blanc and Colombard. Since I have never drank grapejuice it would be very interesting. I didnt have high expectations but I was totally wrong. It taste like a sweet applejuice but with much stronger taste and a bit sweeter. good and interesting.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar