tisdag 26 juni 2012

Les Murets d'Esprades Muscat de Rivesaltes 2010

For midsummer I was looking for a wine to accompany strawberries. For the first time inb my life I was thinking of doing strawberries in a jelly, so a strong sweet wine was needed with a strong taste. I choose to go for a fortified wine and one that I thought would fit were Les Murets d'Esprades Muscat de Rivesaltes. A vin doux naturel is made in southern france made from Muscat or Grenache grapes. They are especially commom in Languedoc-Roussillon. The fermentation is stopped by adding grape spirit which leaves the fortified wine very sweet. The taste of the wine is of fruits and pineapple. And it is very sweet. The aftertaste lingers for a long time and is very sharp. Works very well with strawberries but as a standalone wine it is to strong. And how did it work as a jelly? Fairly well. Had to add some water to reduce the taste as the jelly otherwise became to strong.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar