tisdag 31 juli 2012

Kabir, Moscato di Pantelleria

From my previous tastings I know that the island Pantelleria near Sicily makes very good sweet wines, especially the passito wines that I have tasted. Moscato di Pantelleria is an Italian DOC for Moscato wines made in the island of Pantelleria. This Kabir wine is made by the producer Donnafugata, http://www.donnafugata.it/pagine/Homepage-ITA.aspx. This is the second wine I have tasted from this producer. Kabir is from 2010 and has an alcohollevel of 11,5%.
The wine smells heavenly. Almost like a fruity herbalgarden. The colour is a bit pale compared to the Pantelleria passito wines I have drunk. The taste is of melon and pineapple and has  very long delightful aftertaste, It worked very well together with a strong blue cheese. I will buy a couple of bottles more of this wine and store them and see how they age. Will be interesting.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar