torsdag 13 september 2012

Back to Rabl Eiswein after four years

Four years ago I had my first taste of Eiswein. It was a Rabl eiswein from 2006 and it was a delight. Such taste and freshness. It felt like that it could not get any better at that time. I bought several of Rabl Eiswein and drank them over a years time. Unfortunately the taste did not get better with age and even after a year the taste had changed to the worse. Still drinkable but not as good one year earlier. I have one bottle at home that I will taste one day to see how it has changed over several years.
A year ago the Rable eiswein from 2007 could be ordered at Systembolaget but I saw it to late and it was already sold out. That was a big bummer. However, a month ago the Rabl Eiswein 2008 was released and I managed to buy several bottles.
The colour was not as dark amber as I thought i would be, Much lighter and clearer in colour than expected. The eiswein smells of melon and citrus, very nice. The taste is sharp, sweet, some melon and apricot. Almost a peppery taste and a nice aftertaste.Maybe the 2006 was slightly better but I think that the 2008 vintage will age much better and become better with a few years storage.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar