måndag 3 september 2012

Pasqua Valpolicella Ripasso 2010

When I make a tagliatelli al ragu at home wine is an important component. When I were younger I used the cheapest wine I could find. But if I can't drink the wine I am using for cooking why should I even use it for cooking? I normally use both red and white wine when cooking a ragu. The nice thing is that if I use a good wine when cooking I can always sample some of the wine while drinking.
For my latest ragu I used a wine from Valpolicella near Verona. And if you ever get the chance to visit Verona go to the town square when darkness falls and enjoy one of the most beautiful town squares in Europe. The Pasqua Valpolicella ripasso are made of several different grapes like Corvina, Rondinella, Corvinone,  and Negara and obtained from the Ripasso technique. I checked the tasting notes before buying the wine so it would go well with the ragu and the tasting notes said a strong taste of cherries. I can only agree as it has a strong taste of cherries and not that much else. Very drinkable together with the tagiatella al ragu.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar