söndag 18 maj 2014

Two wines from Alto Adige and sweetness from Romagna

I love wines from Alto Adige (South Tyrol) and I try to taste as many different wines as I can. This time there were one red and one white wine. From the producer J. Hofstätter I have tried their Pinot Grigio earlier so a red wine from them is a new experience. The wine is a Steinraffler which is made by the grape Lagrein and is from 2009. The smell is nice and the taste is of red currants and red cherries. Very good and is went very well with beef. Yet another excellent wine from this producer and the Lagrein grape I have to taste more.

A new acquaintance is the producer Elena Walch. It is a Pinot Grigio from 2012, it is a good drinking wine with notes of pear and apples with somce acidity.

For my homemade cantucci I had a passito wine from Romagna, namely Albana di Romagna from 2007 which is bottle 56 out of 900. It is by producer Poderi delle Rocche in Romagna between Bologna and Imola. The color of the passito wine is golden yellow almost amber. It goes very well with my homemade cantucci. The taste is not intense as the passito wines from Pantelleria for example. A good wine.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar