lördag 10 maj 2014

Yet another three Italian wines

It is interesting to see how a wine varies between different vintages. This time I had the chance to try two wines and see what one or two years difference makes.

The Kalis Cardonnay Grillo wine I had tasted the 2012 vintage and now I had the chance to taste the 2013 vintage. My recollection of the 2012 wine was that it was a decent drinking wine. But the 2013 vintage is something different, this is very light, not much flavour. A true table wine for those who like their wines simple and with not much taste. Not to my liking.

Each time I get to taste a Donnafugata wine is a good time. I had sampled their sweet Kabir wine from 2010 (Moscato di Pantelleria) and it was excellent. Now I have tasted the Kabir from 2012. I have to say that the 2012 vintage is very aromatic, much more than the 2010. Not to everyone's liking I would think due to the strong aromatic taste but for me this is paradise. Together with some sweet desserts like almond cake this would be a match in heaven.

The last wine is Manzone Bianco from the Veneto region by producer Cantina la Salute. I read a bad review of this in a magazine, but how they described it sounded like a wine for me. The smell is very good, almost fruity. The taste is almost like a pignoletto wine, some citrus and honey. I like it.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar