lördag 6 september 2014

Dreaming of Taormina

Yet another blogpost and guess what land wines I have tasted. Italy again and the first wine is from Sicily. The Island that has everything from history to good food and wines.

The wine Feudo Zirtari is a new aquaintance for me. It is made of Inzolia and Chadonnay Grapes. Just Inzolia makes me remember the evenings in Taormina sitting in a back yard drinking wine made from the grape Inzolia in a very nice wine bar.

So rustic and very Italian. This wine, Feudo Zirtari, is a very good wine. Almost yellow colour with strong aromas and an acidity that leaves a good aftertaste in the mouth. Very good together with food. I feel like I am back in Sicily when drinking this wine.

Another good wine if from 2013 in Lavis,Trentino by the producer Casata Monfort in and made with one of my favourite grape varieties, Pinot Grigio. This is a good aperetif wine. Mellow with big notes of apples and grey pears, very nice aromas. Very good and is also so good as an easy drinking wine.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar