lördag 27 januari 2018

Montepulciano vs Barbera

Montepulciano is a grape that is grown a lot in Marche in Italy. Producer Garofoli I have tasted several wines from and the latest one is the red wine Pian Carda. It is a wine from 2014 and is made of 100% Monetpulciano grapes. It is matured in oak casks for at least one year before being bottled. It is from the the hills behind Monte Cònero in Marche. I get a lot of red fruits on the nose. In the taste I get red cherries with some tannins and a dry finish. It is decent but nothing special. A good tablewine.

Next up is a Barbera d'Alba from Piemonte and the producer Giovanni Rosso who are situated in Serralunga d'Alba. When I was in Piemonte I visited Serralunga d'Alba and it was a beautiful small village with a magnificent castle.
The view from the castle is amazing and gives a good impression of how the surrounding lands look like.
Just a few kilometers outsude of Serralunga D'Alba Giovanni Rosso has their base in the hamlet of Baudana. Their barbera D'Alba wine is called Donna Margherita and is of the vintage 2014. The ABV is 13%. The taste is of black currants, cherries and some plums with some soft tannins. It is a very good wine and reminds me of my trip to Barolo. Barbera is an under appreciated grape.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar