söndag 18 mars 2018

Calabria to Umbria

Calabria at the tip of the Italian boot is a place I have never visited and also have not drank so much wine from. The wine Korone rosso from producer Poderi Marini is a new eperience. The vintage is 2015 and the ABV is 14%. The grapes used are mainly Aglianico and Sangiovese with some Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon.  I get red fruits on the nose. In the taste I get dark cherries, black currants and some soft tannins and vanilla in the end.

Next wine if from producer Lungarotti in Umbria. Their Rubesco wine I have tried before but then it was the 2012 vintage and now I have tried their 2015 vintage. The ABV is 14,5% and the grapes used are Sangiovese and Colorino. In this wine I get red fruits on the nose. I get black currants and dark cherries in the taste with some tannins in the back that lingers for some time. A good wine that I think gets better with one or two years of storage.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar