onsdag 15 augusti 2018

Brunello Di Montalcino and onwards to Umbria

It is always good to taste a Brunello di Montalcino and I do it too seldom. This bottle from producer Bartoli Giusti I bought myself when I was in Montalcino in 2016.
It is a Brunello di Montalcino from 2011 and the ABV is 14%. The grape is 100% Sangiovese which is grown on a height of 300 meters. In the taste I get cherries, some black currants and liquorice with well structured tannins. The taste lingers in the mouth afterwards. A well structured wine and a bit lighter than I expected.

From Tuscany I go to the green neighbour Umbria. Here the producer Cantina Monte Vibiano is a new acquaintance. They are situated near Perugia and they are also have eliminated greenhouse gas emission in their production of wine. Their red wine Villa Monte Vibiano is a younger Sangiovese majority blend which are produced from the younger Sangiovese grapes in their vineyard. The vintage is 2016 and the ABV is 13,5%. This wine has a good red fruity nose. In the taste I get red cherries, red currants and some soft tannins. A younger wine but a good Sangiovese based blend.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar