onsdag 1 maj 2013

Two Italians

In the weekend I had the pleasure of trying out two wines and see how they went with my cooking. For my main course of salmon with  caponata I opened a bottle of Pinot grigio Mongris 2011 from the producer Marco Felluga in Collio. Smelled very nice and the colour was yellow with some copper. Very dry taste and a long nice after finish. The salmon went very well together with the wine.

For the dessert I had almond biscotti and for this I felt that a passito wine was a very good pairing. The 'Fior d´Arancio' Passito from producer Zanovello has a very dark amber colour. The nose has a very heavy smell of  apricots and peaches. Absolutely delightful. The taste is wonderful with a good balanced acid and taste of apricots and some other tastes. Worked so well with the almond biscotti. I read that this wine had recieved three glasses in Gambero Rosso and after tasting it I can only agree. Wonderful wine and I wish I had a couple of more bottles at home.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar