måndag 24 november 2014

From Sardina to Campania

Sardinia is a place I want to visit someday and until then I have to do with Sardinian pecorino and their wine. A wine that I tasted were the white wine Samas by producer Agricola Punica. The Samas wine is a Isola dei Nuraghi IGT (Indicazione Geografica Tipica). It is of vintage 2013 and contains 80% vermentino and 20% chardonnay. It has a yellow tinged colour and has a very fresh aroma. The taste is very fresh and a bit fruity character with ripe pears and some citrus.

For the second time I had the chance to try the grape Fiano and the producer is the old acquaintance Terredora. The wine is Fiano di Avellino which is also a DOGC and the vintage is 2013. The aroma is strong and the colour is pale straw yellow. The taste is also very strong with a big hit of acid and citrus. Some fruit notes and honey. This wine would be lovely together with sea food. I can imagine myself sitting by the coast drinking this wine with local fish in Campania. I think this wine will store well for a couple of years also due to its strength.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar