måndag 17 november 2014

Sciacchetrà Wine: A taste of heaven

Cinque Terre, one of the most beautiful places on earth.
Also Cinque Terre is home to one of the best wines that I have ever tasted. Namely the sweet Sciacchetrà wine. Sciacchetrà is a passito wine which is made from dried grapes. This drying process I could see when I visited Manarola in Cinque Terre.
The grapes hang from the roof and walls in this building slowly drying out until they are ready to be used for the winemaking. I have tried many passito wines and this Sciacchetrà by producer Cheo, is probably the best I have ever tried. The grapes is grown in the hills above Vernazza. The wine is from 2008 and it has been stored in chestnut barrels before being bottled.The colour is deep amber and looks very good. The nose is intense and by just smelling I know that it will taste good. The taste is of apricots, dried raisins and honey. It is very strong and intense and leaves a long aftertaste. Wonderful, unfortunately I cannot buy this at Systembolaget so the next visit to Cinque Terre I have to buy several bottles of Sciacchetrà.
But one will always find reasons to visit Cinque Terre. Salute!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar