onsdag 19 april 2017

Bruichladdich, the classic laddie

The Classic Laddie from Bruichaddich is made from Scottish barley and then matured in American and French oak. It is un-chill filtered and uncoloured. It has been bottled at 50% ABV which is good as then I can choose how much water to add. This is a whisky which I have completely changed my mind about when drinking it the last year. Sometimes it takes time to appreciate things.

The smell is the sea, with some fruity aromas. The taste is a bit aggressive due to the high ABV. A bit sour in the taste but some citrus and fruits. A bit fiery after-taste due to the alcohol. The ABV feels like it is much higher than 50% . With some water I get a dryness in the after-taste. Must be the tannins from the oak. I also get like a salty taste in the mouth. It is young and vibrant, quite interesting and I believe that this whisky need some time to open up, let it oxidise in the bottle for a couple of months to let it shine. Definitely a non typical Islay whisky and definitely not for everyone.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar