tisdag 25 april 2017

Tasting A Taurasui from Feudi San Gregorio again

In September 2014 I tasted my last Taurasi from Feudi San Gregorio and at that time I bought several bottles and laid them in storage. Unfortunately the one I tasted were from 2008 while the one I bought some time later were from 2009. So how has the 2009 vintage aged? Lets try it but before some info about the Taurasi.

Taurasi is always made by 100% Aglianico grapes. The wine has matured in 18 months in medium-toasted French barriques and finally minimum nine months in the bottle before being sold.

The colour is very dark. In the nose I can feel vanilla and dark fruits. The taste is of dark cherries and liquorice. The tannins are good structured. When comparing it to the 2008 I think the two extra years of aging has softened the tannins a bit making this wine more elegant. An excellent wine. The last bottle that I will be stored for two more years before drinking.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar