söndag 9 april 2017

Mastroberardino, older white wine from 2007

Old white wine is very rare. I have only drank old white wine from France.  Mastroberardino is a producer from Italy that produces older white wine. They have old wine from the grapes Fiano and Greco di Tufo. I managed to buy a bottle of their Greco di Tufo wine from 2007. It is made of 100% Greco di Tufo grapes and it is from the Greco di Tufo DOGC in Campania. All grapes are from the estates of Tufo and Petruro Irpino at heights of 450meters. The wine was refined for nine months in steel tanks before being bottled for at least four years before being sold. 

The colour is straw yellow. I can smell fruit and dried fruits. The taste is quite intense with a taste of fruits and dried fruits. Sometimes it almost feels like a dry passito wine. Very interesting and I have never tasted anything like this before. I don't think this wine is for everyone as it may be to intense. Now if I can find their Fiano wine also.

 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar